Saturday, December 29, 2007

Weather Vane Poll results

Well, thanks for all of you who voted on a choice of weather vane. The choice that won was 'WHALE' with 'EAGLE' & 'MERMAID' a tie for second by only 1 vote difference. I've got several sites that I'm looking at for options & it will probably be something I put on my wish list to be accomplished in the next couple of years...

The idea of putting a large metal fixture on top of the roof that gets blasted every winter by nasty storms may not be such a brilliant idea - the option of putting it on the covered porch to the side would be better. We shall see what happens. I might try to merge a weather vane with a windmill that I want to build for the yard - need to get something Dutchy into the landscape as well.....

The boys are back at it.....meaning they are working & I should get some photos again.

The glass block window has finally been installed & the roof is being patched up. I heard the torch blasting this morning, probably melting the ice that was on the scaffold but I'm sure it's being used to also seal down the shingles. Hopefully it won't take them too long to finish - the weather is colder now & I'm always concerned that someone is going to slide off the roof & land on his head. Plus, that tarp flapping in the wind is getting to be rather tiresome - no sleep for me when I hear it going.

Phil got out the other day with Malcolm & they sawed up a large yellow cedar log which we will use for our stairs going into the loft. They just need to find a way to move it from the lot it's sitting on to the house - I think the pieces are 18 feet long!! I'm sure there are other things going on - insulating, etc. I just haven't gone out to check it.

Well, I'm going to work on my new Garden Journal & start planning this spring & summer's projects for planting....No time like the present to get into it - February is almost here & that's one of the best months to be outside in the gardens - a few weeks of sun & warm weather before the spring rains come!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle!
I was talking to your mom at Oma's 95th birthday, and she sent me the link to your blog! Lots of fun, you're having out there, I see! It's really nice to see what's happening out there for you...and I can hardly wait to see what it's all going to look like when you're all done! :-)
Hope you're having fun with the kids...they're always sure to take your mind off things! :-)
Take care, and I'll be watching!
Happy New Year...
Sonya