Thursday, April 3, 2008

An Open Invitation....

It's time to start thinking about a big, huge OPEN HOUSE party!!

The date is set: Sunday, June 22nd
Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (I like early parties - it will probably continue on elsewhere anyway)

Bring appies & drinks & we'll supply the rest!

I've already started to tidy up the yard....yes, instead of cleaning up the drywall dust & working upstairs, I took a nice afternoon out in the yard. I did a big, huge BURN! Was very cleansing to get rid of silly little pieces of lumber & other rotting things. The garbage pile at the end of the driveway is growing larger week by week, so we will have to order in our own dumpster & cram everything into there. Hopefully, we won't need more than one!

There are still a few more finishing touches to be done (top rail on decks & stairs to the loft), plus all the work that Phil & I can do on our own, but we've got to wait for a bit more time to do this - which will be in the middle of May! I know that sounds like a long way away, but April is a funny month for being so busy elsewhere. Then we jet off to Florida for a beach wedding & some relaxing time before the mad rush of work waiting for us here.

Well, time to get back to the lodge to cook up a dinner for the RHIOT students....lots of fun & gets me back into working in the kitchen & lodge cleaning just before summer returns, but I still would rather be painting the upstairs....!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're moved in!! Enjoy!!! Call me when you are in FL. U Gerry

Anonymous said...

You're in your house... YAY!!! Hope you guys have a great Party!!! Sorry I won't be able to be there. I hate missing parties and I will already be missing a few this year. Enjoy yourselves....
I hope that I will be able to see your house in the near future :)
Love Elaine xoxo