Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where is Summer?

Well, I'm not sure if anyone is checking in on the blog these days - seems like summer is busy everywhere BUT HERE!!! Well, that's not really true, both Phil & I are busy, just not on the house.

Phil is working for the summer at Eagle Nook Resort in Barclay Sound - which means that he's not living at home for the summer. Check out this resort at: www.eaglenook.com. Sounds like he is having a great time & he's not only a nature guide for the guests, but the maintenance man for the resort. So, while we thought he'd get a change of pace, relax, have some fun, he's doing alot of the same chores he was doing right here!! ha, ha, ha.

I am working once again at Imperial Eagle Lodge here in Bamfield. Check out this charming B & B at: www.imperialeaglelodge.com. I'm having a great time working in the gardens & baking up a storm to get ready for our fisher folk who start to folk in next week.

It's been a slow start for many lodges around here - the cost of gas has really deterred many people from making long journeys & the weather has been just the pits!

Hopefully things will get really busy & we won't notice the lack of sunshine & warmer temperatures. I have the feeling we are in for a long & lovely fall this year.

Phil has the camera with him at Eagle Nook, so I'm unable to give you any updated photos of the house. My flower gardens are slow & small - although I do have 6 foot daisies. I've built a new flower bed & moved some of my potted plants into it - we shall see if it survives the winter water fall - the drainage around the house is something that needs to be addressed this fall - it flows down into the yard instead of along side the laneway (thanks to a huge hump of concrete....) & the new flower bed sits in a bit of a low spot....hmmmmm

Our new tenant downstairs (Kim) is very quiet - hardly know she's down there! It's nice having someone in the house - even if we never see each other - because I sometimes get freaked out being here all by myself. I'll be glad when Phil has another day off & is able to come home. While I love the house, it's just not the same without him here too. It's OUR house now.....

So, I hope everyone is having a great summer. I'm not sure if I'll be adding many posts during the next 2 months as work gets crazy & I get outside picking berries for my jams & jellies (if it would rain things would ripen better!!). But send an email any time & I'll tell you some funny stories!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the summer weather improves for you, would like more photos when you can. It has been a real treat to watch the progress on the house.
Take care, U Gerry

Lisa Branch said...

Just wanted to let you know that I stopped by to ready your blog!

Love and hugs,
Lisa