Saturday, December 15, 2007

Verbal Update

Ok - yes, it's been 2 weeks since I've been over to the house! I'm going to wait til the end of next week, but if Phil takes photos in the mean time, I will post them.

Today we had the bank appraiser come to check on our progress. We need to be at a certain stage before we can receive any more money to continue. I believe this was the 'lock-up' stage - meaning siding, windows, doors, roof, soffits all done plus the electrical all roughed in. From what I understand we are there - except that the roof is being repaired from the storm damage & the front wall with all the windows doesn't have siding or soffits because the replacement windows will not be in until close to the 20th (we can't put the siding on til the new windows are in place & the soffits can't go up because the blue tarp is still in place until all the roof repairs are done).

My dream of being in the house for Christmas will not be fulfilled & I'm a little bummed out. That's why I'm not going over to see what the workers are doing - I'm spending all my time over at another reno project where we are working on the finishing stages of the place & I'm learning how to do things that will actually help in our own home, if & when we get there.......

So - I'll ask Phil to take photos so that you won't miss out on what I've been ignoring.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's ok - there is still going to be a KICK ASS housewarming party whenever you guys get in there. And it's probably a good thing to separate that from christmas and the new years parties!

Haha, if you can hold out until Sarah and Dennis's baby is born I'd appreciate that so that I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Not that I'd like to kill 2 birds... etc.

KATE

Anonymous said...

Just look at it this way, 2008 will be a great year.
See you in February.

Norm/Rosemary