Thursday, March 20, 2008

Painting Pros! Part 2

I've added real colour to the suite now! After 2 rather long days, things are starting to look more & more like a home...I've now got to accessorize to tie things in....

On Wednesday (after a quick house-cleaning session for a neighbour) I broke open the Serengeti Song - yellow. It took me a long time to edge out the room & the wall with the 2 closets - and I was getting a little concerned that I had ended up picking 'School Bus Yellow' for a main room colour! At the end of the day, with the first coat on & drying, I could see that there were hints of lions in my paint....

Today, I had a large order on my plate. (I've got to work elsewhere on Friday, so I'm missing a whole day of work on the house!). I broke open the Pleasant Lake - blue - for the bathroom. Again, I was rather concerned that I had entered into a colour pallet that was going to be too dark - or just too much.






So, with one coat on, it's not looking too bad. I'll have to wait to see what happens when we put the toilet back together, add the sink unit (still not decided upon) & get the floor painted. I think that putting in some stunning red cedar trim & then using red & black as accents (such as towels & shower curtain) would make this a stunning bathroom.




Now on to the bedroom. This colour is supposed to be Barefoot Beach & with the grey primer underneath, the colour initially looked like poo....Hope this isn't a theme throughout the rest of the house! But after I got the first coat on & it had a chance to dry a bit, it started to look more green than brown. I like the colour, but I really hope that the 2nd coat brings back the brown! The furniture for this room is light wood - maybe a pine & with the dark floor paint, I hope to find some choice bamboo or sisal area mats & bamboo shades to tie it all in.

It's just so hard to see the colours - even with a spot light on the wall - the skies are dark & grey & full of rain. We've run into a cold spell, but I hope the sun starts to shine once again when we start hauling our boxes over!



Almost at the end of the day I decided to put on a 2nd coat of yellow - just to see if it would change the colour any. Can you see the difference? Probably not, it's the lighting....But at least the 2nd coat is on & we can get the kitchen installed (WHEN, MARK??) My goal for the weekend is to mop the floor - that should take all day! Then I can get some floor paint down & can get a truck load of boxes moved over!!

I've somehow got to convince Phil to install a door in-between the suite & the laundry room - this weekend! The drywaller should be back on Monday to finish the upstairs (only 2 more working days?) and I'd REALLY like to keep as much of that drywall dust out of the suite so that neither of us has problems breathing when we move in.

Oh, yes! It seems that we neglected to use blue board around the 'wet' area in the laundry area - specifically around the laundry tub. But I thought it in our best interests to put some bathroom paint around that wall - so it's now a bright blue! Adds a little bit of sparkle to an otherwise very white area! (At the end of yesterday I saw that Phil had poured some ceiling paint & made an attempt to get it done, but had to help the boys with the deck work, so I painted the ceiling like a mad woman - it will need a 2nd coat).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CAN see the difference in the second coat. You are going to have a wonderfully colourful home. Great to come home to! Happy Easter! LOve ya guys, Mom/Adriana