Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Painting Pros!

Here are some more pictures of our painting adventure.

On Monday I opened the wall primer paint. It's tinted grey so that the darker shades - basically all my colours - will not need 3 to 5 coats. I'm hoping that this works as painting the same wall a multitude of times is exhausting!
This is the kitchen area in the suite.


The bathroom is all primed & ready for bathroom paint.

We've noticed how LARGE our bathrooms are - we will need to come up with a creative way to install storage to 'fill' the space.

Have you noticed that the grey has turned a rather nice shade of blue? In other lights, it looks a bit purple! This better not mess with the yellows I am using in the main room!

Today I got the laundry area walls all primed. I used the Navajo White primer & hopefully Phil will be able to do the ceiling tomorrow.



Mark, who is making our kitchen cabinets, said that I need to get primer & 1 coat of wall paint on the walls & a coat of floor paint under where the cabinets go before he can install the kitchen. So, I got down on my hands & knees & cleaned up that plywood in preparation for the floor paint. I'm going to need a bucket brigade & a handful of mops to clean up all the floors when the time comes to paint them! The floor is FILTHY! Plus, we need to go around & fill in all the holes.....

The floor under the stairs was also readied so that the hot water tank can be installed & moved out of the way. We still haven't figured out a door for this area - it's probably one of those custom jobbies we so dearly detest.






Now comes the scarey part - will the floor colour be the right one?! I brought in the paint chip to the paint department - things get a little complicated when you fall in love with a paint from another supplier....

We also had to switch floor paint because the colour I wanted would have come out very glossy. Not a good thing for stocking feet in regards to slippage.

Welcome to Eagle Rock floor paint.

Yes, it looks like poo......






Well, it looks MUCH better on the floor, but this is still a bit wet, so we shall see what it looks like tomorrow.










This is the kitchen area with the floor paint. I really wish the sun would shine so that the colours would show up better.

I forgot to take pictures of the stairs that have been going in....they look fabulous & just need some railings & some concrete blocks under the supports.

The glass panels for the deck have been found & delivered! I'm hoping that they also get put in sometime this week to finish up the decks!


Tomorrow I start with the wall colours.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job! you're getting closer. The house looks great. I love the decks. Enjoy painting, I know that it's a tedious job but it's good excercise :)

Love Elaine :)