Friday, February 29, 2008

Return Home

Well, we are now back from our 'adventure' - it was good to go away & it's good to return.

I thought that we would take a day of shopping & return to Bamfield on Sunday, but we just blasted through Home Depot & made it into Bamfield around 9 pm - that's about 30 hours of traveling!

We had a bit of a surprise happen to the house while we were away - the drywaller we have been trying to get to even call us for the last YEAR decided to 'take pity' on us & without even calling us to discuss time frame, cost or what we wanted done, has come in & done the taping. He will return on Monday to do the mudding & hopefully I can get into the house by the end of the week to clean up the drywall dust & other dirt so that I can prime & paint.

We've been hoping to move by the end of March & now the pressure has been turned up higher. The landlord has found new tenants!! We weren't sure if he wanted to rent out the top half of the house or if he was going to sell the place or even if he was going to move in here himself.....he's rather wishy-washy & it's difficult to get him to say directly what's going on. Well, we now have only until the end of the month!!! Arckkkk!!

But, I've not got much work lined up for March, so I've got lots of time to get the house ready for the move. I'm actually more interested in gardening right now than painting!! I did all the painting in my dreams while on vacation & I've moved on......Now to actually do the work!

So, hopefully by the end of the week, we'll have photos of the house available again. I really don't want to go into the house while the drywaller is there - I just want the work done. I had really hoped that the regular crew would have worked on the deck railings & stairs & the inside stairs - I really want them OUT of the house, but they got 'sick' while we were gone so nothing was done. Typical.


PS - again, if viewing other people's comments & you don't know the person, or the comment cannot be seen right on our blog, don't click on it. We've had spammers put junk onto our blog that potentially might put something on your computer if you click on the link. We check almost daily & delete those that should not be there, so I'm not too concerned that this will be a huge problem. Just a warning for you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Welcome back to the real world, hope you can get all the work done in time. I'm sure you can!
take care, U Gerry

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time. Time to get back to work. I guess the pressure is on a bit... that's when you find out exactly how much you can get done in a short time.... you'd be amazed sometimes.

Good luck with that.

Everything is fine here, looking forward to the spring... After a month of -35 windchills and more -30 nights to come... I think the cold could give us a break. Wish we could have gone south like you guys :)

Take care

Love Elaine, Steve and Christian