Sunday, March 16, 2008

Anything Being Done?

I know it's been a while since the last posting - well 2 weeks isn't that long, but I'm sure most of you want to see new photos! That's a bit hard to do when NO WORK IS BEING DONE!

That's sort of where we were at for the last bit. The boys showed up off & on to work on the decks. The railings are almost done & the stairs are built only in my dreams. I really do have to take some photos because now that the upper deck has a railing - it really does feel HUGE! It's larger than most of the rooms in the house!

We drove into Port Alberni on Friday to buy all of the paint for the inside of the house. It was shipped to us via the Lady Rose on Saturday - no way we could have brought 400 lbs of paint home in the crappy car. Now it's all here! I've got my work cut out for me for the next 10 days or so.

The lower floor is 100% ready to paint. We moved all the junk out of the suite & I dusted & vaccuumed all the drywall dust (nasty job) & have started to prime the ceilings. I got the bathroom & the kitchen/living room done yesterday. Today I will go over to see what it looks like. I'm cheating on the ceilings. I got the primer tinted to my navajo white so that I need to only put on a primer coat for the ceilings (except the bathrooms - they will have another coat of proper bathroom paint). The colour is fabulous & I'm hoping that one coat is enough. I was so sore after only a few hours of doing my ceiling dance.

Yes, Yes - photos tell many more stories than I or you have time to write or read. Will be done & notices sent out!

No comments: